Welcome to the March/April D Blast...
Lots to update you on!
* The RIO collection has landed in the Duran Duran webshop! Items include tee shirts, a coffee mug, throw pillow and tote bag. Make sure you stock up for summer!
* Simon & Nick were recent guests on two different podcasts: Nick on "Tiga Presents: First/Last Party on Earth" and Simon on the "Blossoms Pubcast: Instagram Thinks I'm a Welder" Both are great listens!
* If you've checked out Duran Duran's new video for FIVE YEARS, then you've seen the work of Scot Barbour. He and his crew worked on all the virtual production and art direction you see in the video and he was nice enough to do an interview with us, which you can read here. And watch (re-watch) the FIVE YEARS music video here.
* Streaming channel Pandora is hosting a terrific retrospective on the band's career called Duran 40: An Oral History of Duran Duran. As one of 40 exciting initiatives we will be rolling out to celebrate the band’s career, they came together to reflect on the songs and stories that shaped the past forty years, along with special guests Nile Rodgers and Mark Ronson. Hosted by Claudia Winkleman, Duran 40 is a new format for Pandora – available as mini-podcasts relating to each track. Start listening here. In the UK, the episodes will be combined into a special. Expect an airdate for the BBC2 airing soon!
* The Isle of Wight Festival has been moved to September 16 – 19. The band will perform Sunday 19th. Unfortunately, Rock In Rio Lisboa have re-scheduled their event until 2022. Please check the band’s website for the latest information and details.
* Other things to pay attention to: Simon’s WHOOOSH! radio show airs on SiriusXM’s Volume Channel 106 every Wednesday night at 9pm EST (North America only for now; working hard on other territories!), Rhino Records shouted out BIG THING as “wildly underrated” in this cool piece AND make sure you keep an eye on the DD website for a special “Duraniversary” celebration for ALL YOU NEED IS NOW’s 10th anniversary!
* If you are a member of the Fan Community, we have a fun and newsworthy Kafe from Nick, with Simon coming up later this month PLUS a Q&A with Sirius Radio's Roger Coletti AND cool giveaways every single month. If you are not a member, now is a great time to JOIN. A BRAND-NEW GOLD package will be available soon. Make sure your membership is up-to-date!