Here’s my list, in no particular order:
-Headlining the Lovebox Music Festival in London. It was our first UK Festival and a very special show for us.
- DJ’ing in Cielo in New York City with Jake. It just felt very legitimate, and in my favorite city!
- Seeing Mott the Hoople’s first performance in thirty years with Dom and Nick. Nick and I were big fans when we were teens.
- Working in the Studio with Mark Ronson, who has a genuine enthusiasm for our music.
- Michael Jackson’s death was one of the saddest moments of the year for me. The first concert I’d ever seen was the Jackson 5 and I thought he was such a special talent.
- “This Is It,” the Michael Jackson film, captivated me. It was one of the greatest films I’ve ever seen about music.
- The re-mix of “Show Me Love” by Steve Angello and Laid Back Luke was my Record of the Year for me.
- Seeing my son James play with his band, NiteVisions, was one of my top events of this year. I was blown away by what I saw.
I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Christmas, a Happy holiday and a Happy New Year. I’d like to thank everyone for their support throughout the year again and for turning up when we have played. We’ve had some great shows and they’ve all been fully attended, sold out shows and that was a real boost for us. Hope to see you next year at more shows and hopefully we will have the album finally finished and delivered to you in 2010. So I will see you around then! RTx